Sunday 28 February 2016

UFO's?

For a looooong time (like since it began) I've read The Monthly Stitch posts and thought about participating, but never quite got around to it. My leap into the blogging world seems like an appropriate time to commit and so I went looking for the February theme.

UFO's.... Initially I didn't think I'd be participating as I generally finish most things, (I don't like to leave things unfinished). And then three things happened:
  • I cleaned out our spare room cupboard and found a wee bag full of UFO's that I had completely forgotten about
  • I found the many pairs of pants my 5 year old had worn out the knees on

  • My husband queried what had ever happened to the Surf to Summit top I started making him - I had reminded him that it had been finished but he whinged about the neckline being too tight and by then I had moved on to bigger, brighter things (and more importantly,  things for me) and never quite got around to changing the neckline. 
So I had things to finish....
  • My wee UFO's have all found new homes, either op (charity) shop, back into the stash to be remade into something else or (sadly) completely binned. 
  • My husband's top is finally finished
  • And, three out of four of the pants now have intact knees (both knees of the spiderman pants were ruined and I'd already patched them once 
Rather than unpick the side seams and then patch over the holes and then resew the side seams, for two of the pairs I decided to just slice out the holes and add in new fabric. Main reason was it seemed easier and meant I could double layer the knees. 
I'll admit, I really like the monster knees and part of the design is practical; the knees have double layers of denim, a layer of red twill and the teeth are microfleece. Hopefully with that layerage (made up word?) the knees will stay intact for another few months!

I'm not the only one who likes the monster pants



1 comment:

  1. Good fix on the pants! I have my own set of 6 (and 8) year olds holey jeans that need some attention if I can get them off them long enough ;-)

    ReplyDelete